Friday, April 2, 2010

First Shipment To Apple

The first shipment from Smashwords to Apple has already gone out.  A lot of people had mistaken errors on their books so I expect there will be another shipment relatively soon.  It will be interesting to see what the sales will be like across the board.  I hope that at least a few of the really good Indies have a lot of success.  I'm wondering how the sales will compare to Amazon and if there will be an initial burst of purchasing or will people wait it out a little before splurging.  I'm curious to see which genre will come out on top.

Apparently this new distribution deal has made Smashwords seem more desirable to writers because they reported record numbers of books being published as well as an unprecedented amount of traffic.  I can only imagine the queues when trying to update or upload a book - Smashwords has been growing increasingly busy over the last month and now everyone has been trying to get on board in time for the first shipments to Apple. 

Sorry if this post is full of mistakes, I can barely keep my eyes open and it's only 10am . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say.