The biggest thing for me is how unorganised I am. I need a new printer cartridge, the shop I usually get them is out of stock, so I can't print out the original draft which means I'm clicking between documents all the freaking time. It's overwhelming and I kind of don't know where to start with the rewrite.
I've decided to go back a little and work on the characters for a bit - how the end of the first novella changed them and all of that good stuff. This is fun for me, I love my characters. So, I've written at least 500 words a day but I still haven't really focused or knuckled down yet. I keep coming up with scenes for the third book in the series which is incredibly distracting considering I'm still working on the second book.
The editing, on the other hand, is going well. It's slow but fun. I think I've gotten enough space from Verity to really see it clearly now - it may never work but at least I'm giving it a fair shot. I nuked about eight exclamation points that somehow wormed their way into the first chapter so job well done. ;)
The replotting isn't going all that well, I think I need to put actual pen to paper and plan a section at a time rather than trying to rework the original outline. I'm not all that fussed about sequence right now though.
Reading challenges are going well. Haven't finished a book yet but I've enjoyed what I've read, for the most part.
- Daily wordcounts have been met. Weekly wordcount almost done.
- First chapter replotted.
- Two chapters & prologue fully edited (noted & corrected).
Check out everyone else's progress here.