Saturday, October 2, 2010

KB Book of the Day

Kindleboards are now selling adspace on their forum.  One book is listed each day in the banner at the top of the page.  It costs $35 to hire out the space for one day, $65 for 2 days, $95 for 3 days and $195 for a full week of advertising.  In addition, if you have a promotional thread for that particular book in the Book Bazaar, they will sticky it to the top of the page for the entire day.  It's not expensive compared to other advertisements and they get a lot of visitors. 

As far as I know, they are (or just about) fully booked up for the rest of the year.  People were inhaling those spots.  It was a KB author frenzy.  I was going to wait until next week to book a couple of days together but I decided to get one in the meantime - I'm glad I did now.  My date is in December, I'm aiming to have something new up by then that I'll use it for but if it all goes pear-shaped, I'll use it for my short stories instead.  I don't usually buy into things like this but I like Kindleboards so even if I don't get one sale from it, at least I've supported a forum I enjoy.  My time there has been well worth $35.

By the way, my twins are two tomorrow.  The other night, they both had all of their curls chopped off (which was unexpectedly sad because it kind of marked the end of them being my little babies) and tomorrow, I am absolutely certain they will destroy our house on the major sugar rush that ensues on a family birthday.  Last year I got lots of chocolate face photos so I'm hoping I get some good 'uns this year too. 

Last Christmas, the kids broke my Nikon camera (that broke my heart, I was seriously attached to that thing) so we've been sticking with small, cheaper digitals ever since.  Of course, so many of them have been broken, it would have been cheaper to buy another decent one.  (My kids can break anything.)  The other day somebody (nobody's talkin') broke my semi-decent camera so I'm stuck with an old crappy backup but hopefully I'll get at least one decent piccy of my very own Wild Pride.  So be warned, ('cos I'm a photo freak) if I end up posting photos, there's bound to be a few gross ones in there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say.