Sunday, October 3, 2010

Indie Freebies on Amazon

Quick post while the kids are (momentarily) playing nicely together.  First - Happy birthday to my wee ones.  Can't really believe this time two years ago I had no idea I would give birth to my boys in a few hours! 

Okay, over the last few days, a number of indies have found their books on Amazon for free resulting in a lot of downloads.  I had already read a couple from Smashwords but downloaded them from Amazon anyway.  They aren't sure why they are free (aside from the fact they are free on Smashwords) and this morning some have noticed they might actually be getting paid their share of the original price despite the books being downloaded for free. 

Whether this works out or not, the exposure is unreal so I'm listing a few here from authors that are on Kindleboards in case anyone would like to download. I'll update it with any others if I get the chance, I'm low on time today.  You can view the entire list of freebies on Books on the Knob.

Weight of Blood
Dead(ish)
A Hairy Adventure
The First Completely Electronic Robot and Science Fiction Limerick Book
Monster in the Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say.