Monday, May 17, 2010

Scream

First of all, congrats to JA Konrath who announced his new deal with AmazonEncore.  He's a grafter and it is nice to see Amazon taking advantage of the inadequacies of trad publishing by providing yet another option.  It's a brand new day.  :)  He gets paid, his price point stays at a pretty low $2.99 but with the added bonus of Amazon's crack marketing team behind it and the traditional publishers stand around bitching about how things like this never happened back in the day.  Win-win.  His ebook will even be available before the print version - I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Back to me, me, me, me, me.  I haven't been around in what feels like months but is probably closer to a week.  Things have been hectic and I've been trying to relax and keep this bubba cooking for as long as possible.  I wish I could post videos instead of blogs because then I could just sit on my arse and talk instead of having to move my arms.  Actually, that wouldn't have worked over the last week either.

My broadband provider has switched hands and the aftermath is not so good.  My connection has been sketchy at best - incredibly irritating how I find I have a million things I want to google rightnowthissecond as soon as the connection fecks off.  It's slowly getting back to a useable state but I believe I'm going to be mourning the loss of my original provider for a while considering how slow the connection is despite the fact I live in the middle of a freaking hotspot.  I haven't even checked my email yet and I'm absolutely dreading the amount of catching up I'll need to do when I open up Tweetdeck.  I'm scurred.

At least one, although I expect it was more a combo of maybe three, of my children flooded my bathroom.  This in turn flooded my bedroom.  If my ceiling falls in, I won't be best pleased.  The drip, drip, dripping was driving me insane and has literally taken days to stop.  The guilty party/parties did a drive by tap turning on session.  Now, usually the pressure gives way if all the taps are on and the water stops by itself.  Of course, this didn't happen when I needed it to.  Our house is three stories so nobody heard the water (until it was too late) and the drive by happened so quickly that nobody is even sure what child was missing long enough to do the damage.  Kinda proud of their tenacity and sneakiness, if only it wasn't so destructive.  The stair gate is permanently locked now which is upsetting for the smallies.  They sit in front of it and weep the loss of their freedom.  I hate caging them to one floor but I'm too slow at chasing them right now so they have been taking serious advantage of my beached whale status.

Lots more distractions abound - I should start writing Mammy lit because I have bucketloads of material at this stage - but I can barely focus on what is happening today never mind yesterday.  The whole family is still fighting off a stupid cold/flu virusey thing.  I'm starting to think it might be some weird allergy because they usually have 24/48 illnesses and that's it, all over.  My eldest is back in school but he still looks very peaky.  The others are still snotting away.  Speaking of my eldest, I was very upset to realise he will be six very soon.  He's practically moving out and getting a job.  We found an old baby video today of him laughing and hiccuping at about five months old - he's a little gentleman now, it's kind of depressing how quickly time is passing by.  Moving on from that tangent!

Quickly, I have to say a big thank you to Donna Fasano who reviewed my book on Amazon and then bigged it up in other places.  Very unexpected and a lovely surprise.  Please take a look at her book on Amazon, The Merry-Go-Round.  Better yet buy and review it for the sake of karma, the goodness of strangers, whatever - the people who support others are the ones who really deserve the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say.