First Check-In of February and I figured I needed to take a look at my goals - considering I completely forgot about one of them last month. So my original (major) goals were:
- Write 500 words a day, Monday to Friday (at least)
- Write 2,500 words a week (at least)
- Edit the y/a novel (without clawing my eyes out)
- Write one short story a month
- Replot Taunt
- Rewrite first draft of Taunt
I definitely got my weekly words done but mostly because I banged them all out in the one session.
I edited half of Verity then decided it needed a rewrite so changed my goal to that. I finished that on Sunday so it now needs some space and then a round of edits. For real this time.
I completely forgot about the short story.
I replotted Taunt. Literally the only thing that went to plan in January. Although it took longer than I expected. :)
The first draft of Taunt is now at 14k words. I'm a little sad I took such a detour from it but I was able to jump straight into it this morning so it's looking like it's not quite as cold as I feared.
Taking all of that into account - here are my new goals for February:
- Write at least 500 words a day - Monday to Friday. I'm keeping this because I still need that schedule to kick in for me or I'll waste hours when I should be at least attempting to write.
- Write at least 5,000 words a week. I'm upping this because I need to get this draft of Taunt done, hopefully this month but if not at least I'll have a good chunk done.
- Finish rewriting the first draft of Taunt.
- Spend at least a half hour daily working on organisation. By organisation, I mean keeping my folders and files updated, regarding, in particular, character sheets and world building info - actually, over the weekend, the twins pretty much destroyed everything I had done so far so I've a lot to do here.
Good luck in February people! Check out everyone else's progress here.