I need to pare down my TBR list because it is freaking me out. I need to stop flitting from one device to another (sony ereader, kindle to pc, android) because I'm leaving a trail of half-read books in my wake. I keep forgetting what book I'm on and starting another. I'd like to read some classics because I haven't looked at one (aside from Jane Eyre of course) this year. Most of all, I want to make sure writing, and all the crap that comes with it, doesn't take up all of my reading time. Also, I need to chill out on the spending. I don't really need to buy ten books a week when I already have hundreds that I haven't read yet.
Reading Resolutions 2011
- I must read five books (of any length) before I'm allowed to buy one. (Eek!)
- I must read at least five classics throughout the year. (Tolstoy totally counts as a double).
- I must not have more than three books on the go at once. (Maybe I should change that to five to fit the theme that seems to have popped up here).
- I must read for at least five minutes every day. (Possibly).
- I must read at least fifty (novel length) books next year. (I can see a lot of nice, short y/a novels being crammed into next December).