Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hell to the Yeah

I beat NaNo - oh, yeah, uh-huh.  I know, who cares?  Me, that's who!  I spend my days in a house full with seven people, two dogs and a cat.  Yours truly is bottom of the pile so when I get online I'm all about me.  ;)

I is well chuffed.  I didn't think I'd manage 50k this year.  Partly because I've been dying of a chest infection.  Okay, maybe not dying but it's definitely worse than man-flu.  But something happened this week - I stopped hating my WIP, stopped eyeing up my delicious little novella and just got to work.  I didn't just get past the wall, I kicked it down, ninja styl-ee.

I am beyond relieved that it's over.  I still have a bit of tidying up to do ending wise but the pressure is off and I can get to work on my December release.  I was feeling really confident about it thanks to the critiquing services of the lurvely T.L. Haddix but now I'm doubting myself again for no other reason than that's just what I do. Once it gets out there and somebody mocks it, I'll be fine - it's the anticipation that kills me.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! Well done! I'm all for kicking things down ninja styl-ee. ;) Now you get to sleep for a few hours! Maybe even not at a keyboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis the best way to kick things down. :D

    Sleep? Away from a keyboard? I shall try this laterz and probably emerge in a week or so.

    I'm still hyped up so I should stay conscious for another couple of hours. *Happy dance*

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to have your say.