Friday, June 18, 2010

Createspace Proof Copy

Just a quick post to say how amazed I am to have received my proof copy from Createspace today.  Today is Friday, the thing was only approved last Friday.  I had forgotten all about it so it was a really nice surprise to get it in the post today.  It looks a lot better than I expected.  The cover is very glossy.  I had already planned on making a new cover - I only ordered the proof because the code for a free one was up this month.  But how it looks on the proof has really changed what I wanted to do with it.  The book itself was larger than I imagined, I thought it would be a normal sized paperback but it's one of those bigger ones.  The pages are snow white and it looks completely professional.  It's really nice.

My interior leaves a lot to be desired because I decided to space between paragraphs instead of indenting.  I didn't have a clue what I was doing so at least now, I can really see the difference it makes.  I used Garamond, pt 12 as the font.  I wasn't sure about it but I like it.  It makes the text look very readable and well spaced so I think I'll be sticking with it.  I have some ideas about changing the formatting of the beginning of the chapters, particularly the first sentence so we'll see how that goes.  I'm definitely going to make changes and order another proof at some stage.  I have to admit, it was nice to hold an actual product.  So, yep, I was impressed.  I might order a proof from Lulu to compare the two.  Can't wait to read the book to see if I can pick up any more typos!

To summarise: me = happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say.